Community Outreach Worker ProgramFamily and Children’s Service of Ithaca announces the launch of the Community Outreach Program, serving the State St/ Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd corridor from the Commons to Meadow Street , and part of Cayuga St, from the library to DeWitt Park. This is a jointly funded pilot program with support from the City of Ithaca, Tompkins County, and the Downtown Ithaca Alliance. The purpose of this program is to promote a welcoming and inclusive environment enjoyable to everyone.
What to expect from the Community Outreach Worker
- To provide outreach and “street” presence during program operational hours
- To provide community education and support to those who request or wish to engage in services
- To respond to community concerns regarding conflict or distress of individuals in the identified area
- To refer and provide assistance to services and resources any person may want or need
- To facilitate positive conversations between residents, businesses, service providers and visitors to the identified area
- To educate and support community members to understand and follow the Commons Rules and City Ordinances and to encourage respectful use and conduct; but not to enforce those rules.
To reach the Community Outreach Worker Program, please call 607-793-3776. Program hours are from 10:00AM - 6:00PM, Monday - Friday.